Sunday 29 July 2012

Mini Cakes: Apple Pie, Carrot Cake, Red Velvet Cake, Flourless Chocolate Torte

Yesterday was a super busy night. I had all the ingredients for the 4 mini cakes ready (prep work) the night before baking and enlisted the help of my trusty boyfriend to bake up a storm.

And they turned out beautifully:


I've done some of these recipes before, and have the previous post linked. Because they're mini cakes, I did do some of them slightly differently (E.g. layering a cake), so I've included those photos and instructions. 

Some of the process work from my Apple Pie (recipe and instructions here):





Some of the process work for the Carrot Cake (recipe and instructions here):

I have a horrible fear of my cakes to sticking to the pans, so I always spray my pans with an oil spray (I used PAM),  draw out my parchment paper to fit the pan, cut it out, and stick it in.

Tada! Lined and ready for filling with batter.

Layering a cake: Take a ruler and measure down the sides, stick 4 toothpicks on each side of the cake, making sure they're exactly the same, and cut across slowly. I usually make a line connecting all the toothpicks, then slowly cut across.


Frost the cakes, put it in the fridge, then do a second layer of frosting.

My decorative carrot cake!
The Red Velvet Cake (recipe and instructions here):
I didn't actually take any photos for the process because it was very straightforward. The only thing that changed was how I layered the cake, following the exact same steps as the carrot cake above.


Added some white chocolate shavings and cocoa powder to top the cake
Some of the process work for the Flourless Chocolate Torte (recipe and instructions here):

Melting chocolate and butter on a double boiler

Mixing in beaten egg yolks with the chocolate syrup, messy messy

Glazing the cake

Added some white chocolate shavings on top!
Enjoy!

- Jane


2 comments:

  1. So I'm super blown away. I bake alot, but rarely cakes. THE CHOCOLATE TORTE LOOKS FRICKIN AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered this from Jane and was very happy with the cakes! I will def order again ;)

    ReplyDelete